...or at least I hope so! This is the third time I have "started" Summer Excerpts, and I'm hoping this time it will stick. I originally started this blog with the intention that it would, in time turn into a family blog. First I started to venture into the blogging world by blogging on here about anything that came to mind. I quickly found that I lacked the time management/commitment to keep up with blogging so I challenged myself to blog every day for a year on a new blog My 27th Year as a form of practice. After that I thought I was finally disciplined enough to start up this family blog again...and admittedly I had hoped that after my 27th year I would have even more reason to start/ keep up a family blog...but our plans to start a family had hit a major road block and I quickly lost patience and inspiration to keep this poor little blog going. So here I am for a third start...we are 3 months away from welcoming a little baby boy into our family and I am ready to start documenting it all!!!
Okay, so let's do a quick recap of what's been going on since my last post (October 2011 - yikes!) I will probably forget a lot but here we go:
- Steve and I have just about hit the 1 year mark of trying to get pregnant...bla! We found out in August that I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and it was keeping us from getting pregnant. So we started working with a fertility doctor and in October I had to officially declare my infertility to insurance. Seriously, I had to call them and literally say, "Hi, I need to declare my infertility". It was a low day...although I couldn't help crack myself up by thinking of Micheal Scott declaring bankruptcy.
- Kipp and Nickee get engaged!!! Yay!!! (PS. they are getting married February 24, 2013 at Villa Siena - that's 4 days after Steve and my anniversary and the same place we got married!!! Guess what Myk - this mean when you get married, not matter what year and to whom, you have to do it in February at Villa Siena!)
- Nickee turnes 25
- Our friends Ricky and Cynthia get married! Their wedding at the Phoenix art Museum is amazing!!!
- The family has a great Thanksgiving
- Christmas!!! Myk is home and we all have a great, great holiday
- December 26th, 8am...Steve and I go into the fertility clinic and have our 2nd IUI on our 5th round of clomid. Technically we should have had it done on the 25th but believe it or not, no clinics were open that day.
- New Years...we ring it in with some old, but good friends out at Teakwoods
- January 15th, 8am...we take our 5th pregnancy test of the week and get our first real positive!!!
- January 15th, 11am...Steve is working on my car's breaks when the jack stand falls and the car comes down on him crushing his right foot and trapping him in place. Yup, it was just as awful as it sounds. (I will probably come back to this story in full on a later post but long, long story short: we spent the day in the ER, Steve spent the next 3 months pretty much on bed rest, and then another couple of months after that going through physical therapy...oh and he is just now pretty much back to normal)
- A few days later we tell our immediate families we are finally pregnant and everyone is very excited!
- I get to host Anne's bridal shower and Grandma Rita and Aunt Julie come in town!
- Kipp turns 30!!!
- We celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary!!! Yay us : )
- We enter the second trimester and finally tell friends and family the good news...a baby is on the way!
- Anne and Jess get married March 30th! (this is Steve and my 10th anniversary as a couple!)
- Steve turn 28!!! He also begins physical therapy...and finally starts to walk without a cane or crutches
- My Bob turns 56!!!
- Mother's Day - Mim celebrates the day with the family and she in turn celebrated me as a "mom to be"
- Mykaela turns 26!!! (I miss you Mykers)
- Father's day...we celebrated Phil (Steve's dad) and my Bob as a super great dads and almost grandpas and we celebrate Steve as a "father to be"
- Steve and I just took a 5 day stay home vacation (we refuse to say "staycation") to rest and work on the nursery
- Nickee and I have a wonderful spa day
- We get crown molding and window trip put up in the guest room and nursery
- Ace comes in town and we hang out with Kayla and Beav who give us some good baby advise!
And now here we are! It's July already and there are birthdays, baby showers, and fun events galor coming up. I will try my very best to keep up with this blog weekly and also fill you in on some of that other stuff you missed from above. Wish me luck!